Lentils Rangoli

Staying in Nottingham and commuting to London on weekdays for Hi-Tech Consulting job, I had less time to buy Rangoli and other stuff from Leicester. But this was not enough to dampen by hopes of celebrating Diwali with big pomp. I checked the kitchen rack and picked Mung Dal and Matki. The red lentils - Masoor dal was missing. I immediately baught it from Tesco. Hurray!!! the ingredients for the perfect Diwali Rangoli were ready. I pulled the IKEA side table from one corner of the room and drew a flower on it. I started pouring different colored dals or lentils in the flower petals and the center. I used the painting brush to equalise level of the lentils and to format them in the desired shape. My rangolis center design was complete and was wondering to add something more to it. We had baught tea coaster from Crate and Barrel in Richmond, VA and never used them ever. After a year or so, it was the right time to use them for the first time. I placed the candels in the tea coasters and poured lentils in the tea coaster around the candel. So was my diwali rangoli complete. I left London next day for week to attend my consulting Job at TFL site.

No comments:

Post a Comment